Thursday, May 15, 2008

wow. i mean, wow.

God is SOOO faithful!! last time i visited my blog, i was without residence. well that changed. big time.

on monday, april 28th, i was driving around searching for a place to live; apartment, room, street corner with a tent on it. all were way too expensive for what i could afford working part time, and all required at least a 48 hour application processing/background check period. none of that really helped me much. it wasn't until i called one of my friends from church to see if they knew of anyone renting out a room that God really led me right where He wanted me.

as it turns out, this guy happened to be leaving in the middle of may and would be gone for three months up to rhode island for navy chaplaincy training. this meant that he needed to find a person to mow his lawn for the summer. also, he had an extra bedroom that was not being used.

long story short, he told me that i could move in immediately, and live there rent-free for the entire summer (til about mid to late august), and all i would have to do is pay utilities and mow his lawn. wow. WOW.

God is so faithful. not only did He provide for me at just the right moment, enabling me to lean on Him and trust in Him completely to provide for me, but He did so in such an amazing way. i am now able to live for under $100 a month. incredible.

add to that the amazing opportunities i've been given in the past week or so at north point, and i can see even more clearly that God has me in His hands in such a powerful and all-encompassing way. i never have to worry about where i will live, or how i will pay my bills, or what i should do with my life. placing all of my efforts into pleasing God and living fully for His will, i can never fail.

thank you so much, Lord.

No comments: