Friday, November 2, 2007

so about that job...

scratch it from the record books, record-keeper!

yeah, so maybe my foray into the land of telemarketing--specifically fundraising for the republican party--was not the best laid plan.  in fact, after only 2 and a half days of training, i walked out on that job.

i've never done that before.

when the HR lady who hired me asked me why i wanted to quit already, she said, "but you haven't even started on the phones yet."

well, to be honest, i didn't want to start on the phones.  if other people can do this job and have no problem with it, then that's ok with me.  i, however, cannot in good conscience manipulate money out of people.  it just does not sit right in my gut or in my heart.

God.......um...if you have anything for me up there--specifically a job--um......now would be a good time.

2 comments:

Nick said...

Joe said he did that job when he was in school at CBC, and he had roughly the same bad experience.

emsley said...

That sounds like the worst job in the whole wide world!

Ok maybe not the worst in the WHOLE world, but close.