Saturday, October 6, 2007

teeter-totter

some days are good, some days...not as good.

last night my roommate had some people over and cooked a meal for them.  it was nice of him--they are all my friends, too.  he did not, however, clean up the mess afterwards.  he left that all over the kitchen all night.  it's not really that unexpected, though.  it's happened before, so no surprise there.

my roommate came back today, however.  my first thought when i heard him coming in the door while i was in my room was, "oh sweet, he's coming to clean up."  after about fifteen minutes or so, however, i started hearing some odd noises coming from the living room.  i emerged from my room only to discover the mess still in the kitchen, and my roommate, building a tv stand in the living room.  he was BUILDING a tv stand IN the living room.  in fact, he's still there right now, pounding and drilling away.  luckily, he decided to do all the cutting of the wood out on the patio, but unfortunately he left the sliding glass door wide open while doing this, which let in at least 10 or so flies who started feasting on the mess of food crap in the kitchen.

i need to leave the apartment for a while...maybe walk around downtown.  ooh, i could go read at the mudhouse!

this is insane.  i need out of here--for good.

No comments: